8:00am - woke up and took a shower. Slept better last night thankfully
9:00am - got on the subway and went to the Boqueria market. Got a blackberry juice drink today to change it up - was, again, like drinking a blackberry, and some pastries for breakfast that were so very very tasty, sat and ate them and walked around and got some stuff for lunch. I got some salami, fruit, a little loaf of crusty bread, and I brought some of my olives from the hotel.
10:30am - got the subway right outside the market at the Liceu stop and took it all the way out to Park Güell. Unfortunately the closest subway stop was still 1.3km away. It was mostly level but near the park it went pretty steeply uphill. Booooo. lol. Finally we got there and wow. It is one of the most amazing city parks I have certainly ever seen. We walked around for a while and checked out all the bizarre architecture and gorgeous mosaics all over. Plus, because it is high up, the view over the whole city is AMAZING. You could see all the way out to the water, including the Sagrada Familia and other tall structures. Very beautiful.
12:15pm - after walking around for a while we sat down outside the cafeteria to eat. Apparently you were supposed to only sit there if you bought something inside. One of the ladies who was clearing away people's trash asked us some stuff in spanish and I thought we were going to have to leave but then she was like "the coke? From here?" (pointing to amanda's coke light) and we just said yes and she left us alone. LOL!! Oops shame on us :p after we ate, we walked around a bit more and exited through a different exit to a closer metro station, only 600 meters. It was almost all downhill, so that was nice.
1:45pm - got back to the hotel and while our room was being cleaned we caught up online and I was able to upload aaaaaaalllllll my pictures from yesterday. Don't know when I'll be able to upload any more, or when I'll be able to upload the videos from the magic fountains :(
4:45pm - took a longish rest today, figured there's no need to go crazy on our last day with an early early start and a day of traveling ahead tomorrow. Anyway, left for the Passeig de Gracia b/c Amanda wanted to go to the H&M store - took the subway one stop and found the store easily. We both bought some stuff, I bought a little purse-y thing for 70% off and 2 cute shirts.
6:00ish pm - Walked around a little more and decided on a place called Qu Qu for dinner - figured we'd want an early dinner so a tapas-y place that was open and always busy. Qu Qu is owned by the same company that owns Tapa Tapa where we ate a few nights ago. I actually didn't have tapas (though I nibbled on some of Amanda's :p ), I ordered grilled beef filet with fries - yes I know, not so spanish, but beef sounded really good after lots of chicken and vegetables. When she asked how I wanted it cooked I tried to tell her and she pointed at the wine menu (organized by color) and asked LOL. Of course, when they brought my dinner, it was a burger. I was like ummmmmm, this is not beef filet. LOL. So they take it back and a few minutes later (after Amanda is completely done with her 3 tapas of course) I get my food and it was actually very very yummy and a nice change. Of course, then on the bill they charge me for a burger AND the beef. And she never brought us the bread she had specifically asked if we had wanted (we said yes), but at least that wasn't charged. Anyway we left a very small tip and were on our way. It was too bad because our food was actually extremely good but the service was surprisingly annoying.
7:30pm - made our way back to the hotel - the delicious pastry shop we'd gotten our breakfast at yesterday morning was happily still open so we bought a couple croissants for the morning and I bought this frozen mousse thingy for dessert (see pictures) - it was like a sponge cake filled with chocolate mousse or something, covered in chocolate with some almond pieces on top…TASTY.
8:00pm - came back here and packed where I discovered that one of my Space Bags has gone missing. I think maybe it happened when I dumped out clothes in the bathroom when I did laundry the other night, I may have left the bag on the floor and I suppose the maid might have thought it was trash. Oh well. All my clothes seem to fit in my suitcase with a bit of room to spare so I guess it's ok. Still, really annoying :(
1 comment:
"the coke? From here?" (pointing to amanda's coke light) and we just said yes and she left us alone.
|X
sorry about your space bag ):
Post a Comment